I want to wish all members and their families a Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully this holiday we will be able to spend some time with our family and friends. The past 18 months has been a challenge for everyone but at the same time i think we all can find things that we can be thankful for. Below i have a list of things that i am thankful for as the Business Manager of this Local.
- i am thankful for having the type of members that are willing to help when asked and for respectfully letting me know when we as a Union can do better.
- I am thankful for the stewards that we have that are willing to standup to the Company when they are wrong and respectfully let our members know when they are wrong also.
- I am thankful for all the help and support that the Union Officers and Office Manager have given me over the last year.
- I am thankful that we have one of the best International Unions around.
- I am thankful to all those who will have to work on Thanksgiving Day (as a former shift worker i will always be thankful for those who have to work on holidays)
Even though we all have tough times in our lives, i hope everyone can see through those tough times and see the all positives that are there as well.
One last thing, please make an effort to help those in need during this time of year, it make you feel better also.
Happy Thanksgiving, stay safe!!